Selby District AVS
We are a registered charity that provides advice, support and information to enable Voluntary and Community Sector groups in Selby District to develop and thrive.
To deliver this support we work in partnership with statutory organisations e.g. local and regional councils, police, health bodies, industry, social services and many more.
- Charitable Grants Applications
- Form Filling
- Campaigning for Change
- Support and Development for Voluntary Organisations and Community Groups
- Selby District Volunteer Centre
- Selby District Transport
- Community House
Location and Contact Details
More about how AVS works to make a difference in the Selby District
- Support and Development for Voluntary Organisations or community Groups: We provide free advice and information about most aspects of running and funding a voluntary community group. Our help can be offered through an appointment service where we offer bespoke advice for groups on issues such as getting started, helping with company and charity registration, good governance and assisting with developing Funding Strategies and Action plans.
- Selby District Volunteer Centre: We provide a central point in Selby District for people to find out about volunteering. We deliver twice weekly drop in sessions at Community House, where people can find out about and select suitable volunteer opportunities or come for information and advice about developing new and existing volunteer involving activities. We also deliver a similar service once a month at Tadcaster and Sherburn in Elmet Libraries. We match individuals wanting to volunteer with organisations requiring volunteer support. We also offer training, support and advice, for new volunteers and volunteer coordinators.
- Selby District Community Transport: We offer mini bus hire for voluntary and community groups to transport their members on day trips and outings. Our staff also organise a busy Volunteer Car Driver scheme. To find out more about these services please visit our website or telephone us at the number above.
- Community House: In addition to the services above being delivered from Community House, we also have a range of meeting rooms available for hire. To find out more about this please get in touch with us. Community House is a successful social enterprise which generates income for our work in developing and supporting the voluntary and community sector in Selby District.
Volunteering with AVS
We offer a range of volunteer opportunities at Selby District AVS.
These currently include:
- Community Transport: Volunteer drivers for Mini Bus and Volunteer Car Drivers Scheme
To find out more about the wide range of opportunities to Volunteer in Selby district visit the website www.do-it.org or visit Community House, Tadcaster Library or Sherburn in Elmet Library where you can view details of the current range of volunteer activities available with different organisations who work in the district.