· The WEA delivers Adult Education courses in communities across the UK including a variety of venues in Selby, Tadcaster and Sherburn-in-Elmet.
· We are helping people to get jobs and develop their skills e.g. return to work after caring responsibilities or illness
· We are helping with the big issue of mental health by providing support advice and guidance.
· We are helping build communities where people co-operate and socialise
· We help students to focus more on self-improvement and further learning, especially through cultural activities such as research, reading and visiting cultural sites
· Most courses have a fee although tuition is usually free for students in receipt of an income-related benefit or reduced if on a low income.
· Our courses are part time and usually run during the day, mostly on weekdays, but we also run evening classes and weekend ‘day schools’. They are typically around 20 hours in length, usually running for approximately 2 hours per week.
· Courses at full price generally cost the equivalent of £3.50 per learner hour /£7.00 per week
Location and Contact Details
07769 284120 (Selby District Educational Co-ordinator, Su Morgan)
Full details of all courses, eligibility for free tuition and other support are available on www.wea.org.uk
If you are aware of a demand for a particular subject or course please contact Su Morgan to see if WEA can help to arrange it in your local area.